Re: stability problems with 2.4.24/Software RAID/ext3

From: Martin F Krafft
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 12:44:01 EST

also sprach Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo.tosatti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004.01.08.1803 +0100]:
> I can't help you much, but I believe your problem might be related to
> faulty hardware. Have you checked if the memory OK ?A

Memory and harddisks are fault-free (according to memtest86 and
badblocks).

> Try disabling DMA on the Promise?

I'll disable DMA altogether and see if I can reproduce the problem.

--
Martin F. Krafft Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student Department of Information Technology

linux is like a wigwam.
no gates, no windoze, and an apache inside.