kernel 2.6.0 / 2.6.1-rc2 problems with VT100 frames only on tty1

From: Andrea Barisani
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 07:00:10 EST

Hi folks!

I'm experiencing a really strange problems with all 2.6.x kernels (including
the latest 2.6.1-rc2). Using the links web browser both on PPC and x86 arch I
have ascii frames problems *only* on the first console.

tty2,tty3,tty4... frames are right with VT100 frames (and this was working on
2.4.x)
tty1 frames are right only with the 'Linux frames' option

Midnight Commander works fine on every console, I don't have other apps to
test this. This was caused migrating from 2.4.x to 2.6.x.

So why on 2.6.x the first terminal is not vt100 as inittab specify?

c1:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 tty1 linux

I'm using framebuffer btw.

Bye and thanks

INFIS Network Administrator & Security Officer .*.
Department of Physics - University of Trieste V
lcars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - GPG Key 0x864C9B9E ( )