Re: linux-2.4.24 released

From: Andreas Fester
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 18:14:10 EST

Hi,

I had the same problem with depmod reporting many
unresolved symbols. Seems that updating modutils
solves the problem. I was using modutils 2.4.12 on a
SuSE 8.2 system, after upgrading to the current modutils
2.4.26 depmod works properly.

Best Regards,

Andreas

BTW: Documentation/Changes still lists modutils 2.4.2 as
Minimal Requirement, which does not seem to be true anymore;
I dont know which actually is the minimal requirement,
otherwise I would have sent a patch ;-) Maybe someone can
clarify this...