Re: gaim problems in 2.6.0

From: Mike Fedyk
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 13:40:20 EST

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 06:25:36PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Pavel!

> I'm having bad problems with gaim... When I run gaim, my machine tends
> to freeze hard (no blinking leds). I'm running vesafb -> that should
> rule out X problems. Machine is rather strange pre-production athlon64
> noteook, but I'm running 32-bit (on 32-bit kernel), and I can run gaim
> under 2.4.X kernel.

Are you using debian(IIRC, you are, but maybe not on this machine?)?

Are you using the old version in debian stable? Id suggest upgrading to the
new version available in testing, or possibly unstable (probably only
problems compiling on non-i386 arches).

The debian package maintainer doesn't like the version in stable at all, but
policy dictates that only security fixes and such go in the stable series...

Version Table:
1:0.72-1 0
711 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
1:0.64-3 0