Re: OSS sound emulation broken between 2.6.0-test2 and test3

From: Martin Schlemmer
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 17:23:33 EST

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 02:53, Chris Shafer wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 11:44:11AM +0000, Edward Tandi scrawled:
> >
> > Because it only happens in XMMS I thought it was one of those
> > application bugs brought out by scheduler changes. I now use Zinf BTW
> > -It's better for large music collections (although not as stable or
> > flash).
>
> Have you tried and see if it occurs with the ALSA output driver for XMMS.
> Without the whole frag line set?

That should work. The chip used for the i8[67]5 boards used to behave
like this, but apparently to somebody else on the list it was because
it could not handle variable data lengths (could have the term wrong)
written to it, and was fixed driver side - this is not maybe an issue
for the sis based boards as well (using a realtek chip i think??) ?
Meaning its chip/driver side, not OSS-emu side?

Cheers,

--
Martin Schlemmer