bad scancode for USB keyboard

From: Bernardo Innocenti
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 11:38:54 EST

Hello,

I have a USB keyboard (Logitech Internet Navigator).
This keyboard has two "backslash + bar" keys, one of which
is located next to the RETURN key.

The backslash key always worked fine in 2.4.x, but in 2.6.x
and 2.6.0, the scancode reported by showkey is "84", which is
usually associated with the "Prevconsole" function in most
keymaps.

Editing the keymap fixes the problem, but of course this must
be a bug in the kernel driver. I compared the 2.4.23 version
of kbdmap.c with 2.6.0, but didn't find any obvious reason for
this difference.

\X/ http://www.develer.com/