Re: 2.6.0 framebuffer Matrox

From: Helge Hafting
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 10:43:54 EST

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 12:23:13PM +0100, Kristof Pelckmans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get the matroxfb working on the second head of the G450, but I
> get the impression that the second head is a duplication of the first :

I have a G550. Two framebuffers works fine, but the boot default is to
show /dev/fb0 on both heads. I guess this is because you never know
what connector people with a single monitor uses. (Unnecessary,
because the bios only activates one output...)

Get the matroxset utility, it is used to set up which framebuffer
(fb0 or fb1) is displayed on what connector.

X and everything works fine once this is set up right.

You can do early checking by catting two different files into
/dev/fb0 and /dev/fb1, you'll see different "garbage" appear
on either screen.

Helge Hafting