Re: [Dri-devel] 2.6 kernel change in nopage

From: Michel Dänzer
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 07:25:35 EST

On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 13:10, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 13:03, Michel DÃnzer wrote:
>
> > How does this patch look?
>
> ugly.
>
> I find using #defines for function arguments ugly beyond belief and
> makes it really hard to look through code. I 10x rather have an ifdef in
> the function prototype (which then for the mainstream kernel drm can be
> removed for non-matching versions) than such obfuscation.

That doesn't strike me as particularly beautiful either... is it really
easier for merges, considering that the ugly way is kinda needed for
functions which take different arguments on BSD anyway?

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Software libre enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer