Re: [CFT][RFC] HT scheduler

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 19:01:59 EST

Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:

Hello Nick,
This is somewhat unrelated to the current thread topic direction,
but i noticed that your HT scheduler really behaves oddly when the box is
used interactively. The one application which really seemed to be
misbehaving was 'gaim', whenever someone typed a message X11 would pause
for a second or so until the text displayed causing the mouse to jump
around erratically. I can try help with this but unfortunately i can't do
too much rebooting this week due to work (main workstation), but perhaps
we can discuss it over a weekend. The system is 4x logical 2.0GHz.

Hi Zwane,
Thats weird. I assume you don't have problems with the regular SMP kernel.
Unfortunately I don't have an HT box I can do these sorts of tests with.
The first thing you could try is with CONFIG_SCHED_SMT 'N'.

Nick