Re: RFC - tarball/patch server in BitKeeper

From: Tupshin Harper
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 18:12:02 EST

Larry McVoy wrote:

Sigh. Tupshin, everyone hates these discussions and I'm in agreement with them. What you want to discuss isn't about kernel development, it's about
building SCM systems. There are better places to do that than here.

If you need clarification on whether you are violating our license, consult
a lawyer.

I'm not asking for legal advice. I'm asking for bitkeeper's position on fair usage of data. You made a claim that seems to have zero backing in the bkl. I think asking for a justification of that claim is quite reasonable. I know for a fact that I'm not violating your license, because I'm not using your software and haven't agreed to your license. The implication you made was that certain other people are violating your license by exporting changesets publicly. If that is true, then that is highly relevant to this list. kernel.org, for example would have to remove changeset information such as http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/cset/

-Tupshin