Re: 2.4 vs 2.6

From: Anssi Saari
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 05:52:53 EST

> -- modules don't autoload for some reason (though I'm sure that could
> be solved),

I've had this too, with autofs4 and 3c59x. After patching lirc into the
kernel, the only real issue is with the console. I found a patch for radeonfb,
but didn't get anywhere with it.

The rest of my problems is userland stuff:

- Murasaki (a hotplug agent) doesn't react when USB things are plugged in
- swapon -a takes two minutes to complete for some reason
- rpc.lockd doesn't start, it says lockdsvc: Function not implemented. I don't
know if I really need this anyway, nfs seems to work fine
- zsh doesn't complete make targets like menuconfig
- I'd also like to point out that cdrecord isn't sufficient for my
CD writing needs, I need cdrdao too and it doesn't seem to support
direct access to ATAPI drives.