Re: Problem: USB Mass Storage, cannot mount Flash drives

From: Paul Dickson
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 16:15:31 EST

On 11 Dec 2003 16:11:12 +0100, Matti Långvall wrote:

> I have for quite some time been unable to mount flash drives, it works
> in 2.4.x
> but not in 2.6.0 testX.
>
> Some details that needs to be completed with ?

What version of hot-plug are you using? Is it compatible with 2.6?

I say this because of the "bogus sysfs" messages in the log and a line
about not being able to load a module, the latter meaning either you
haven't compiled the right module or hot-plug is asking for the wrong one.

Hot-plug is not listed in your software versions. Verify that your
version supports 2.6.

I dimly remember tripping over something like this when I switched to
2.6.0-test2 many months ago. I grabbed the latest hotplug RPM.

-Paul

I'm not an expert on usb-storage, this is just from my experiences.