Re: [patch] Re: Problem with exiting threads under NPTL

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 15:46:38 EST

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> That code looks fragile as hell. I think you fixed a bug and it might be
> the absolutely proper fix, but I'd be happier about it if it was more
> obvious what the rules are and _why_ that is the only case that matters..

Btw, on another note: to avoid the appearance of recursion, I'd prefer a

p = leader;
goto top;

instead of a "release_task(leader);".

I realize that the recursion should be just one deep (the leader of the
leader is itself, and that will stop the thing from going further), but it
looks trivial to avoid it, and any automated source checking tool would be
confused by the apparent recursion.

Linus