alsa i8x0 driver bug in kernel newer than 2.6test1

From: Arakis -
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 09:03:55 EST

Hi,

this is my first bug report, I hope I don't leave out any vital information.

The ALSA driver for i8x0 sound cards has a minor bug in all 2.6 test versions except test1. The sounds "lags" sporadically for a few seconds. It's not a total stop of playback, the speed is even increased a little bit. It just sounds weird... at first I thought it has something todo with the scheduler, but since nice -20 has no effect at all, I doubt it. The problem occurs with xmms and mpg123.

cat /proc/asound/cards:
0 [I82801CAICH3 ]: ICH - Intel 82801CA-ICH3
Intel 82801CA-ICH3 at 0x1400, irq 10

The machine is a toshiba 5200-701 notebook (european), 1.9 GHz Pentium4, 512 MB RAM, average cpu usage is ~5% during playback (according to gkrellm). The driver is compiled into the kernel (=Y).