2.4.23-aa1 AND LVM usage

From: Voicu Liviu
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 11:13:03 EST

Hi,
I'm a LVM user and currently running kernel 2.4.23 (vanilla).
At once I decided my self that I want to try 2.6-test11 so I removed lvm-use tools, instead of it I installed lvm2 and also installed 2.6-test11 kernel.

I liked the 2.6 kernel but somehow 2.4.23 worked better with my new system (nforce2 chip and sound)...so I wanted to go back to 2.4.23(aa1 sources) so at this stage I removed lvm2 and installed lvm-user.
Since this step I can not mount my lvm anymore, it says soemthing like:

devs_register(lv_usr): could not append to parent, err: -17
(4 lines line this for every lvm partition)

and also:
error copying : /lib/dev-state/VG/lv_usr to /dev/VG/lv_usr

Any 1 does not know what could be the source of this issue?

Best regards.
Liviu