Re: Mem: and Swap: lines in /proc/meminfo

From: Mike Fedyk
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 17:24:02 EST

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 05:02:01PM -0500, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Mike Fedyk wrote:
>
> > Now I need to change the order (it is using Mem: and Swap: first, and the
> > other more thurough method second), but I'm wondering what versions of the
> > kernel I'd be cutting out if I just removed the parsing of Mem: and Swap:...
>
> IIRC 2.2 kernels already had the one-value-per-line
> memory statistics, so you'd only lose 2.0 and earlier.

Ahh, great. I'll change the ordering. Should help clean up the code a bit
and make adding the features I want easier. :)

Another question:

Inact_dirty: 21516 kB
Inact_laundry: 65612 kB
Inact_clean: 19812 kB

These three are seperate lists in rmap, and are equal to "Inactive:" in the
-aa vm.

Inact_target: 150080 kB

This doesn't account any memory, but is only what the VM is trying to size
the sum of the three lists above.

Do I have that right?

I'm going to graph active and inactive for lrrd, and I need to know how to
map the different values when it is run on a rmap kernel.

Thanks.