Re: PROBLEM: Linux 2.6.0-test11 only lets me use 1GB out of 2GB ram.

From: Raul Miller
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 09:55:57 EST

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 09:41:48AM -0500, I wrote:
> since the dark ages. It's hard for me to comprehend how highmem, or 64
> bit cpus, could have much to do with a 1GB limit.

[Well, unless my motherboard really has a problem caching memory above
1GB. But that seems unlikely, since it's the CPU which is acting as
the memory controller. In any event, if this is actually the issue,
shouldn't the kernel issue a warning message, about why it's ignoring
the rest of the memory?]

Thanks again,

--
Raul Miller