Re: [CFT][RFC] HT scheduler

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 03:58:44 EST

Nick Piggin wrote:

Don't ask me why it runs out of steam at 150 rooms. hackbench does
something similar. I think it might be due to some resource running
short, or a scalability problem somewhere else.

OK, it is spinning on .text.lock.futex. The following results are
top 10 profiles from a 120 rooms run and a 150 rooms run. The 150
room run managed only 24.8% the throughput of the 120 room run.

Might this be a JVM problem?
I'm using Sun Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.4.2_01-b06, mixed mode)

ROOMS 120 150
PROFILES
total 100.0% 100.0%
default_idle 81.0% 66.8%