Re: [CFT][RFC] HT scheduler

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 02:26:47 EST

Nick Piggin wrote:

http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/w26/
Against 2.6.0-test11

Oh, this patchset also (mostly) cures my pet hate for the
last few months: VolanoMark on the NUMA.

http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/w26/vmark.html

The "average" plot for w26 I think is a little misleading because
it got an unlucky result on the second last point making it look
like its has a downward curve. It is usually more linear with a
sharp downward spike at 150 rooms like the "maximum" plot.

Don't ask me why it runs out of steam at 150 rooms. hackbench does
something similar. I think it might be due to some resource running
short, or a scalability problem somewhere else.