Re: PROBLEM: Linux 2.6.0-test11 only lets me use 1GB out of 2GB ram.

From: Ed Sweetman
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 00:34:40 EST

I thought highmem wasn't necesarily needed for memory <=2GB? Highmem incurs some performance hits doesn't it and so the urge to move to it with only 2GB is not very attractive. Anyways i'm just interested in if that's the case or not since 2GB is easy to get to these days and i had heard that highmem could be avoided passed the 1GB barrier.

Nick Piggin wrote:

Donald Maner wrote:

The kernel you're using WAS compiled with CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y, correct?