RE: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 16:07:38 EST

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Then the trick is when does the license flip modes?
> Compile time?
> Execution time?

a license does not 'trigger' or 'flip'. Either the full source code is
licensed under the GPL (by the copyright holders) or not.

a given piece of code might be licensed under an infinite number of other
licenses as well, but this doesnt matter a bit, as long as the GPL is one
of them.

> This starts to become more fuzzy than I care to look at right now.

then ask a lawyer.

Ingo