Re: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 09:26:17 EST

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 06:09 -0800, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> Can we stop with the stupidity?

I'm not sure which part you think is stupid. Do you:

1. Disagree with my paraphrasing of the GPL, in the first two
paragraphs?

2. Disagree with the obviously correct statement that the GPL
makes requirements about the licensing even of non-derived
works?

3. Disagree with my example, given in the final two paragraphs,
which makes it clear that a copyright licence _may_ make
restrictions on the licensing of even non-derived works. Note
that although my example is a licence where the licensee must
release _all_ future work under the same licence, I'm not
claiming that the GPL does this; I only claim that such a
licence is _possible_.

--
dwmw2