Re: [OOPS] 2.6.0-test11 sysfs

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 04:37:10 EST

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Russell King wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:57:28AM -0600, Matthew Reppert wrote:
> > Try this patch. (Patrick, is this the sane thing to do? And is it worth
> > it? If so, I can do similar things to the other sysfs_create_* functions
> > if you would like.)
>
> Actually the "right" thing to do is to drop the file creation stuff from
> i82365; due to an interaction between sysfs and pcmcia, we can't register
> class device files in the initialisation path.

Without commenting on the "right thing to do", I can only witness, that
the patch from Matthew does remove the Oops (or at least I couldn't
reproduce it any more).

Also, Russell, as you are maintaining PCMCIA code as well, I might just
remind, that the i82365 driver doesn't have the release method, which
produces a nice kernel-message with a backtrace on unloading of the
module. Or does that driver have a separate maintainer?

Thanks
Guennadi