Re: State of devfs in 2.6?

From: Svetoslav Slavtchev
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 13:53:19 EST

Hi sorry for using this kind of reply,
but i'm not subscribed to lkml
/* it would be nice if you CC me :-) */

------ original e-mail -----------
On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 11:26:17PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:

> Is there a big rollup patch against that adds all the sys/*/dev entries
for
> people who want to try udev?

After I get finished catching up on USB patches that people sent me for
the last month, I'll generate this and post it to lkml.

thanks,

greg k-h
-------end original e-mail -----

Greg could you please post them splited,
i'm having some issues with the one that adds
misc devices -- oopses in early boot as described in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107097871212256&w=2

i managed to find 4 of the patches, but i'm still missing
the ones for sound, input, parport

the ones i found are available from the mandrake ml :-)
eg http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker&m=107099351100451&w=2
( mem, vcs, fb , misc devices support)

best,

svetljo