Re: udev sysfs docs Re: State of devfs in 2.6?

From: Bob
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 02:03:46 EST

Witukind wrote:

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 15:37:55 -0800
Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 02:09:47PM -0500, Bob wrote:

William Lee Irwin III wrote:

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 03:36:26PM +0000, Andrew Walrond wrote:

Whats the general feeling about devfs now? I remember Christoph

and >others making some nasty remarks about it 6months ago or so,
but later >noted christoph doing some slashing and burning thereof.

Is it 'nice' yet? Andrew Walrond

I would say it's deprecated at the very least. sysfs and udev are
supposed to provide equivalent functionality, albeit by a somewhat
different mechanism.