Re: Of Mice and Linux

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 16:06:42 EST

Florin Iucha wrote:
Hrm... you might be onto something here. My Microsoft mouse gave up
around test-10 or so. Then the USB ports started acting funny on my
SIS 745 motherboard...

Is it possible for Linux to kill a Microsoft (or any) mouse via the USB port? I hadn't seriously considered that problem... I don't have the proper test equipment to check the voltages on the USBs to see if something is amiss.

And here I was going to write it off as "mouse suicide", the result of a Microsoft mouse becoming depressed because it was attached to a Linux system.

(Note: For real humor, I should post a story to Slashdot about how Linux kills Microsoft mice, with misleading anecdotes and undiscovered evidence. But, despite my somewhat off-kilter mood today, I will restrain myself.)

--
Scott Robert Ladd