Re: [patch] sched-HT-2.6.0-test11-A5

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 12:57:43 EST

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 11:08:17AM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> i've uploaded the HT scheduler patch against 2.6.0-test11 to:
> redhat.com/~mingo/O(1)-scheduler/sched-HT-2.6.0-test11-A5
> note, the patch includes a fix to sync wakeups, which might hurt lat_ctx.
> I've attached the fix against vanilla 2.6.0-test11 as well.

This appears to either leak migration threads or not set
rq->cpu[x].migration_thread basically ever for x > 0. Or if they
are shut down, how? Also, what makes sure cpu_idx is initialized
before they wake? They'll all spin on cpu_rq(0)->lock, no?

Furthermore, sched_map_runqueue() is performed after all the idle
threads are running and all the notifiers have kicked the migration
threads, but does no locking whatsoever.

Also, does init_idle() need to move into rest_init()? It should be
equivalent to its current placement.

Why not per_cpu for __rq_idx[] and __cpu_idx[]? This would have the
advantage of residing on node-local memory for sane architectures
(and perhaps in the future, some insane ones).

-- wli