Re: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog - found?

From: Craig Bradney
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 06:38:15 EST

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 04:21, Ross Dickson wrote:

> > >I don't have that in MSI K7N2 MCP2-T near the
> > >agp and fsb spread spectrum items or anywhere
> >> else.
> >Use athcool:
> > http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/jacobi/linux/softwares.html#athcool
> > or apply kernel patch (2.4 and 2.6 versions were posted already).
> >--bart
>
> Please take a look at
>
> Fixes for nforce2 hard lockup, apic, io-apic, udma133 covered
>
> in mailing list.
>
> I approached it from another angle regarding delaying the apic ack in local timer irq
> and achieved stability. It would be good to have others try it. Ian Kumlien is also
> reporting success so far.

Although I had long uptimes before.. and therefore might achieve them
again fairly easily.. I'm now on 2 days 10 hours which has included a
lot of compilation and a lot of idle time, and plenty of the hdpar and
grep tests. I have used only the IRQ0 IO-APIC edge patch.

Can someone please note all the patches for 2.6 that people have tried
and what they achieve? Im starting to get a bit lost, given the fact
that I'm running stable here with only 1 patch. (so far - this is where
it crashes after I click Send I suppose ;) )

-apic

-io-apic (IRQO set to XT-PIC incorrectly)

-udma133?

-cpu disconnect patch (missing bios option for ACPI Cx states)

Craig