Re: pcmcia yenta no devices Re: APM Suspend Problem

From: Russell King
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 04:46:34 EST

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 09:06:30PM -0500, Bob wrote:
> If cbdump could help me figure out why I
> don't have any pcmcia cardbus devices showing
> up when I boot or insert or remove storage cards

It might give some clues - you'll have to try it. The thing to look at
is CB_SOCKET_STATE, bits 1 and 2. These are the two card detect bits,
and '1' means not detected, '0' means detected. They both have to be
zero when the card is inserted.

> and a Hawking 10/100 32-bit cardbus ethernet
> pcmcia ethernet card, what is a command line
> that will gcc -o cbdump cbdump.c ?

You didn't look in the comments at the top of the file. I guess that
also means I could've put a license on the file which required you to
do a John Cleese silly walk and email me the evidence immediately
before compiling it. 8)

> yenta in kernel-2.6.0-test11 but no pcmcia ethernet card drivers
> in kernel since I don't know which eth chip is on a Hawking pcmcia
> PN672TX 32-bit cardbus 10/100 ethernet card.
>
> boot with compact flash Kingston or Sandisk storage card in
> pcmcia adapter and Hawking ethernet pcmcia card in second
> pcmcia cardbus slot, nothing, try remove and insert, still
> nothing, no pcmcia events or devices reported
>
> Dec 4 02:32:43 where kernel: Linux Kernel Card Services
> Dec 4 02:32:43 where kernel: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pm]
> Dec 4 02:32:43 where kernel: Yenta: CardBus bridge found at
> 0000:01:0a.0 [414e:454c]
> Dec 4 02:32:43 where kernel: Yenta: ISA IRQ list 0000, PCI irq16
> Dec 4 02:32:43 where kernel: Socket status: 30000006
> Dec 4 02:32:43 where kernel: Yenta: CardBus bridge found at
> 0000:01:0a.1 [414e:454c]
> Dec 4 02:32:43 where kernel: Yenta: ISA IRQ list 0000, PCI irq16
> Dec 4 02:32:43 where kernel: Socket status: 30000006

This tells me that both sockets are reporting that they are empty.
(Socket status == CB_SOCKET_STATE) Since we don't know any better,
we believe them.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/