Re: 2.4.23 hard lock, 100% reproducible.

From: Tim Timmerman
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 02:16:31 EST

Mark> Hi,

>> The first oops looks like:
>>
>> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer
>> dereference at virtual address: 00000000

Mark> [...]

Mark> I'm using ipchains compatability in there, looks like
Mark> this is a possible cause - getting a patch right now,
Mark> will test and let y'all know (and then switch to
Mark> iptables, finally).
Let me just add a me-too here.

Haven't got the oops on my desk, here, but from what I could
see, the error occurred in find_appropriate_src, somewhere in
ipchains.

Further, possibly irrelevant datapoint: ABIT BP6, ne2k-pci and
3Com590 network cards. When the oops occurs, everything locks,
capslock and scrolllock are lit.

I can reproduce the error by letting a second system ping the
first, on the internal network. Sometimes it doesn't even
complete a full boot.

I'll try and capture more detail tonight.

TimT.

--
tim.timmerman@xxxxxxx 040-2683613
timt@xxxxxxxx Voodoo Programmer/Keeper of the Rubber Chicken

--
The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. ASML is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.