sound not working, volume for 'Master' always decreasing

From: Alexander Koch
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 10:20:28 EST

Hiya.

My ESS AudioDrive ES1868 is detected fine and found and the
ALSA things are loading nicely, I can even hear things when
I increase the volume a lot, but it decreases on its own
back to 0. This is with 2.6.0-test11 (sound and stuff as
compiled as modules and I hear from ppl this is probably a
known bug but did not get any replies from various
ppl/lists.

Any takers?

-ako

--