Memory Managment idea to help move things to userspace

From: john moser
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 01:21:45 EST

I've been told there's issues with transferring huge amounts of data between kernelspace and userspace. I think I may have a solution, if this problem does indeed exist. This would make things such as userspace netfiltering and userspace network filesystem drivers extremely feasable by effectively eliminating all data transfer overhead to and from the kernel in a secure and efficient manner.

PLEASE read and review this. If it is complete and utter braindamage and simply not possible, please explain why, and discard. If it IS good, then please plan to impliment in 2.7/2.8 (I realize I'm too late for 2.6). If it's close but not quite there, FIX IT. It's just an idea.

--Bluefox Icy

Linux.Net -->Open Source to everyone