Re: 2.4.23pre6aa3 scsi oops

From: Jamie Clark
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 20:41:22 EST

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 07:52:40PM +0800, Jamie Clark wrote:

I made the quick fix (disabling rq_mergeable) and started the load test.
Will let it run for a week or so.

does your later recent email means it deadlocked again even with this
disabled?

Yes, although it appeared to be a different deadlock: ext3 perhaps.

Could you try again with 2.4.23aa1 again just in case?

I started another test on the same kernel with quotas disabled
as Jan suggested but I had to abort the test for unrelated reason
(needed spare hw). The interesting case for me is WITH quotas.

Will try 2.4.23aa1 as soon as I can re-assemble the test unit.

-Jamie