[MOUSE] "Virtual PC" mouse no longer works

From: Sean Callanan
Date: Sun Nov 30 2003 - 02:25:52 EST

Dear mailing list,

I'm running Debian inside Connectix Virtual PC 6.0.1. This software simulates Pentium-based hardware on a Macintosh. It lets the guest OS "captue" the Macintosh mouse - when the guest OS wants to use the mouse, the Macintosh pointer disappears and the guest OS receives mouse events. This is done using a virtual PS/2 device.

This functionality works with the following kernels (with relevant configuration options). They are stock Debian kernels.

2.2.20:
CONFIG_MOUSE=y
CONFIG_PSMOUSE=y
2.4.18:
CONFIG_PSMOUSE=y

The mouse is free until X starts up (getting mouse events from /dev/psaux) and is then "captured" and usable in X. But with 2.6.0-test11, this functionality is broken. The relevant parameters in my .config are:

CONFIG_INPUT=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=y
CONFIG_BUSMOUSE=y

I have tried:
1) Using /dev/input/mice and /dev/psaux in my XF86Config
2) Passing psmouse_noext=1 to the kernel
Neither gave any success.

Please cc: me on any replies as I am not subscribed. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Sean Callanan