Too soon for stable release?

From: Tim Cambrant
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 11:51:53 EST

I am sorry if this offends someone or if I'm totally on the wrong track
here, but it seems odd to actually call the Beaver On Detox "stable",
considering the amount of misc. problems people have been having the
last week with -test11. Since you are in schedule, a -test12 with the
bugs fixed might be a better idea, don't you think?

Since I'm not a coder, and havn't had any previous kernel development
experince, I might not be the one to suggest such a thing, but I really
don't see a reason to be hasty with the release, and end up with a
whole bunch of users having problems.

The weeks Linus suggested we would wait before releasing the final
2.6.0-kernel could be a perfect time to implement the fixes that would
be needed. Test11 is working perfectly for me, but you can clearly see
that many people are having problems.

--
Tim Cambrant <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPG KeyID 0x59518702