Re: APM Suspend Problem

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 17:48:29 EST

Howdy.

Dunno if I'm an expert, but I might be able to help. None of the Linux
based suspends (2.4 or 2.6) will get started unless something like acpid
pushes them. If a laptop suspends without running acpid or similar, it
must be doing it from the BIOS.

Regards,

Nigel

On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 10:50, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 01:50:08PM -0800, Misha Nasledov wrote:
> > It would be really annoying if my laptop suspended when I closed the lid; I
> > disabled this feature in the BIOS. I will test if it suspends with
> > this feature enabled, but it doesn't change the fact that there is
> > something broken with APM. Running 'apm --suspend' doesn't work either.
>
> That sounds h0rked; we might need to drag in suspend experts for this...
>

> -- wli
> -
Nigel Cunningham
495 St Georges Road South, Hastings 4201, New Zealand

Evolution (n): A hypothetical process whereby infinitely improbable events occur
with alarming frequency, order arises from chaos, and no one is given credit.