Re: Strange behavior observed w.r.t 'su' command

From: Måns Rullgård
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 04:57:17 EST

Bradley Chapman <kakadu_croc@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Confirmed. I have a Red Hat 9 system running 2.6.0-test11 with glibc
> 2.3.2-82 and coreutils 4.5.3-19.0.2. Killing su with SIGKILL does
> put the keyboard into unbuffered mode and does alternate the
> prompts. No error messages appear in dmesg.

Does anyone know why redhat keeps doing these strange modifications?
Over the years, I've encountered quite a few problems caused by redhat
messing things up. A few examples:

- gcc 2.96
- A rather recent redhat version shipped with a broken 'sort'
command. It performed a seemingly random permutation.
- Redhat 9 perl doesn't treat rexexps the same way a clean perl of the
same version does.

Anyway, I guess it could be over soon, if only people would understand
to stay away from that fedora stuff.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@xxxxxx