Re: Who's responsible for dpt_i2o in 2.6?

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 13:05:59 EST

John Public <jqp@xxxxxxx> :
[...]
> while with no luck. After reading a couple of bug reports and such I
> signed up on Adaptec's forum and found out that the supposed
> maintainer, Mark Salyzyn, states
> "Incorporation into the tree can not be performed as no one is
> designated as the gatekeeper."
> See
> http://mbserver.adaptec.com/view.php?site=linux&bn=linux_raid&key=
> 1069782519&first=1069952140&last=1059760128
>
> I'm not sure if he means gatekeeper out of Adaptec or gatekeeper
> into the kernel but if it's the latter could someone tell him who
> to send the patches to.

An answer has already been given, see linux-scsi (you probably want to
send your message there btw):

: From: "'Christoph Hellwig'" <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:51:35 +0100
: Subject: Re: dpt_i2o driver
: From linux-scsi-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tue Aug 26 18:58:17 2003
: To: "Salyzyn, Mark" <mark_salyzyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: Cc: Mark Haverkamp <markh@xxxxxxxx>, linux-scsi <linux-scsi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
:
: On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:02:48AM -0400, Salyzyn, Mark wrote:
: > I am close to completing tests surrounding the dpt_i2o driver to support 2.4
: > + 2.6 kernels as well as bigmem DMA issues. Who, if anyone, has been
: > designated as the person to accept this updated driver?
:
: Please send it to this list. James Bottomley is official SCSI maintainer
: for 2.6 but scsi development and code review is a distributed effort
: these days.

--
Ueimor