Re: Linux 2.4.23-rc5

From: Ihar 'Philips' Filipau
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 04:24:13 EST

Pascal Schmidt wrote:
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:50:20 +0100, you wrote in linux.kernel:

"overcommit_memory < 0" supposed to not allow apps to overallocate memory - but still it works not like it is said in Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt.

That file mentiones setting overcommit_memory to 0 to disable overcommit.
Have you tried that?

Yes. This is kernel default on all my systems.

--
Ihar 'Philips' Filipau / with best regards from Saarbruecken.
-- _ _ _