Re: [pm] fix time after suspend-to-*

From: john stultz
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 15:58:52 EST

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 13:23, George Anzinger wrote:

> I lost (never saw) the first of this thread, BUT, if this is 2.6, I strongly
> recommend that settimeofday() NOT be called. It will try to adjust
> wall_to_motonoic, but, as this appears to be a correction for time lost while
> sleeping, wall_to_monotonic should not change.

While suspended should the notion monotonic time be incrementing? If
we're not incrementing jiffies, then uptime isn't being incremented, so
to me it doesn't follow that the monotonic time should be incrementing
as well.

It may very well be a POSIX timers spec issue, but it just strikes me as
odd.

thanks
-john