Re: 2.6.0-test8 and HIGMEM = segfaults and panics?

From: Robert L. Harris
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 17:40:48 EST

I can recompile it and run it for a bit. What debug options would be
useful for this?

When I had it enabled I had this:

# CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM is not set
CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y
# CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G is not set
CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
CONFIG_HIGHPTE=y

Thus spake Zan Lynx (zlynx@xxxxxxx):

> On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 13:58, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> > Yup, I've played musical DIMMS as well. It's currently up running with
> > 1.5G install without the HIGMEM and I've taxed it pretty hard today
> > without issue.
> >
> > What kernel are you running on?
> >
> > They are registered.
> >

> Kernel 2.6.0-test8.
> It's a Tyan MPX board with 4 512MB sticks of ECC registered 266 DDR.
>
> Here's the highmem bit of my config file:
> # CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM is not set
> CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y
> # CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G is not set
> CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
> CONFIG_HIGHPTE=y
>
> So, I don't think it's a general bug.
>
> --
> Zan Lynx <zlynx@xxxxxxx>

:wq!
Robert L. Harris | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
@ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
These are MY OPINIONS ALONE. I speak for no-one else.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.