Re: Blockbusting news, results are in

From: Chuck Campbell
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 14:38:37 EST

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 12:18:33AM +0900, Norman Diamond wrote:
> It still seems that either Linux must
> be made to work around known bad blocks or else hard disks and Linux cannot
> be used together on a computer.

That is a bit of a troll. I suspect that 70 - 90 percent of linux
installations on a computer are using hard disks. Yet the number of people
having the same problem as you doesn't appear to be 100% of those.

Making intentionally inflammatory statements to try and win others to your
point of view tends to do exactly the opposite.

If there are enough people experiencing the problem, it gets fixed, at least
as far as I can tell. There have been a nunmber of viable ideas proposed
in this thread to handle the situation you are talking about, and while
none of them are exactly what you proposed, feel free to write code. Baiting
comments like the above don't really accomplish anything constructive.

-chuck