Re: ICH5 - CMI9739A - AC'97 sound driver support

From: Bas Mevissen
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 06:11:08 EST

Saravanan Subbiah wrote:

I am trying to make sound work in my motherboard with CMI9739A chipset.

The driver from c-media works but freezes my SMP (HT) kernel.

So I tried the i810_audio driver in 2.4.22-ac4 kernel. This driver works
but I cannot change the volume. It always outputs at high volume
irrespective what level I set.

I even tried alsa driver snd-intel8x0 and got the same result. no volume
control support.'

Did you try the alsa-mixer utility too? That one seems to give you control of all mixers available.

Bas.