Re: [BENCHMARK] I/O regression after 2.6.0-test5

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 20:37:04 EST

rwhron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

There was about a 50% regression in jobs/minute in AIM7
database workload on quad P3 Xeon. The CPU time has not
gone up, so the extra run time is coming from something
else. (I/O or I/O scheduler?)

tiobench sequential reads has a significant regression too.

Regression appears unrelated to filesystem type.

dbench was not affected.

The AIM7 was run on ext2.

Yeah I'd say its all due to the IO scheduler. There is a problem
I'm thinking about how to fix - its the likely cause of this too.