Re: Blockbusting news, results are in

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 03:26:12 EST

Norman Diamond wrote:

What would you like "us disk makers" to say?

How to force reallocations even when data are lost,

buy Maxtor and write to them, thereby triggering the remap.

All of this said, let me just repeat that I concede that ReiserFS does need to support remapping, and Reiser4 does it. However, I think that we should encourage users to ask the drive to do it for them. Maybe this is wrong if it turns out that most drives are not responsible/wise about it, but I need more info before I can say about that.

--
Hans