Re: swsusp in test8 fails with intel-agp and i830

From: Aviram Jenik
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 18:07:52 EST

On Sunday 19 October 2003 00:18, John Mock wrote:

> With vesafb, you should be able to get any resultion you want at
> 60Hz. Which is okay, because you have LCD.
>
> Not necessarily, at least not on a VAIO R505EL This is due to the well-
> known (to some X hackers at least) 'stolen memory' problem.

Indeed, the same with my R505DL. I imagine vesafb is not much of a workaround
for most vaio R505 users :-(

Pavel - I looked in intel_agp and placed printk+mdelay all over
agp_intel_resume(struct pci_dev *pdev), but something strange happened: I saw
those print outs during _suspend_ and not during resume - does that make any
sense?

--
Aviram Jenik
Beyond Security Ltd.