Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Re: FBDEV 2.6.0-test7 updates.

From: Dave Jones
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 14:53:31 EST

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 12:34:47PM -0700, Jon Smirl wrote:
> The people writing the AGP driver have added their ID's in the wrong format.
> ATI wants the IDs in the two letter form, not family/chip. The fbdev patch has
> the ID's in correct form. The AGP driver should be the one that gets changed.

The ATI AGPGART driver _always_ used the format it currently does.
Since day 1, when it was written _by ATI engineers_
Your "ATI wants the IDs in two letter form" differs depending on which
ATI engineer you talk to it seems.

Personally, as agpgart maintainer, I couldn't care less what the defines
end up being, as long as it still compiles afterwards.

Dave

--
Dave Jones http://www.codemonkey.org.uk