Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Re: FBDEV 2.6.0-test7 updates.

From: James Simmons
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 12:41:45 EST

> Not sure what's up here. The driver is quite passive regarding
> the mode for other VCs, it sort of expect the fbcon layer do pick up
> the default mode and use it for other consoles. I'm not sure what's
> wrong here.

Using ssty or fbset only changes the resolution on the local VC. I did
this because often with fbset the user sets the mode to something the
monitor has a hard time with. If this happened to all the VCs then you
have to type blind to fix all the VCs. So IMO it is better to risk losing
one VC then all of them. You can change the size of all VCs by calling the
vt ioctl call VT_RESIZE

> In a more general way, I really lack the ability to change the console
> size with fbset like I could do with 2.4. I don't know if James revived
> that feature in his latest patches though. The stty thing isn't very
> reliable imho. Especially on monitors that don't like the standard
> modedb.

Not in this set of patches but with client support coming soon we will be
able to change the VCs resolution via fbset again.