Please destroy RealTek 8180's wireless chipset specification document

From: Roberto Di Cosmo
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 08:34:52 EST

Dear list subscribers,
as it has been suggested by one person in this list that the document
I announced this morning might have been "leaked" without the necessary
authorizations of RealTek's hierarchy, I do ask you to destroy the few
copies that, as I see from the logs here, you have already downloaded,
until I can obtain written and formal authorization from RealTek to
continue its distribution.

My sincere hope is to see support for the wireless RTL8180 be as good
as the support for the other RelaTek NIC cards. For this, we need open
and trusted cooperation with hardware manufacturers, not "leaked"
documentation.

I will report to this list as soon as I get a clear statement from
their headquarters, either to apologize to everybody if I made an
unfortunate mistake, or to confirm availability of the documentation.

I am extremely sorry for wasting your badwidth and precious time
with all this

sincerely

--Roberto Di Cosmo