Re: [Linux-bcom4301-priv] Re: Linksys/Cisco GPL Violations

From: Luite Stegeman
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 12:00:57 EST

Quoting Florian Schirmer <jolt@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> > Download the wrt54g.tar.gz it is 37MB but I have not find anything
> > interesting in it. Maybe I have not looked well.
>
> check out the WAP54G, WAP54AG or WRT54AG files. Haven't checked yet what is
> different.

There seems to be much more in the package, more developer tools, source code
for the broadcom reference design etc. Good for the linksys router hackers, but
unfortunately there is still no source code for the driver.

I think the driver files are in /release/src/wl. This directory contains only
object files, no source code. The wl driver directory in the kernel tree (
release/src/linux/linux/drivers/net/wl ) is empty.

I've checked the WAP54G, WAP55AG and WRT55AG archives and none of these contain
the source code for the driver.

Luite